Below you will find several frequently asked questions. If you have not found answers to your questions, please feel free to contact us at any time and we will be delighted to answer any questions you may have.
Why hire a pet sitter?
There are several advantages of hiring a pet sitter:
- Your pet will remain in their regular environment and avoid the unnecessary stress of staying in an unfamiliar place.
- Your pet will be able to follow their normal feeding and exercise schedule.
- Your pet is not exposed to illnesses of other animals and is closely monitored by your pet sitter.
- We will provide the extra security measures to protect your house and give it a "lived-in" look from the exterior by rotating lights, curtains, as well as picking up mail and papers.
- If your travel plans change, you will have peace of mind knowing that we will continue caring for your pet until your return.
- You will not have to ask a neighbor, friend or family member to care for your pet while you are away.
- While you're away, you can feel confident that your pet is in capable and loving care.
Are you bonded and insured?
Yes. A copy of our insurance coverage is available upon request.
How early should I book your services?
Preferably, as soon as your plans are definite. Pet sitters can book-up quickly, especially around typical travel holidays.
We would like to use your service. How do we get started? After contacting Happy Bones Pet Sitting, we will set up a time to visit your home. During our free initial visit we will:
• Meet you and your pets.
• Ask you to fill out the necessary paperwork such as our pet information form, veterinary release form, and service request.
• Discuss your pet’s needs and care routine.
• Find out where necessary items such as food, water dishes, leashes, etc. are located.
• Pick up two sets of keys.
Why are 2 copies of keys necessary?
We require that you provide us with two sets of keys on the consultation visit in the rare case that there was ever an emergency and we got locked out, so we will always have a copy in our office.