1. Keep candy out of reach. Chocolate, especially dark chocolate, can be lethal when eaten by dogs. Most sugar-free candies & gum contain an artificial sweetener called Xylitol which is also toxic to dogs. If your pet eats something dangerous, call your vet or the ASCPA Poison Center (888-426-4435) immediately. Candy wrappers, party supplies, foil & cellophane can be very dangerous if swallowed. Keep these items well out of reach of your pets.
2. Keep wires and cords from decorative lights out of reach.
3. Be careful with lit pumpkins. They can easily be knocked over by a curious pet & cause a fire.
4. Keep your pets inside on Halloween. Keep them in a separate room away from the trick-or-treaters who come to your door and make sure they are wearing ID tags in case they escape.
5. If you like to dress your pet up for Halloween, make sure the costume is safe. Beware of small, dangling or easily chewed off pieces that could become choking hazards.
Keep safe & have a Happy Halloween!!!!