Hiring a professional dog walker can provide your dog and you with some great benefits. Here are our top 5 reasons to consider hiring a daily dog walker.
1. Exercise – One of the most obvious reasons to hire a dog walker is exercise. Dogs that receive lots of exercise are healthier & have less behavior issues related to boredom. Regular walks provide stimulation & exercise that result in calmer behavior at home.
2. Companionship – Dog walkers provide your dog with undivided attention during the day. Who doesn’t love extra love & attention?! Mid-day dog walks can also help with dogs that have separation anxiety. Mid-day walks break up the amount of time your dog is alone & gives them something to look forward to.
3. Bathroom Breaks – Your dog will be happy to get outside for a potty break so they don’t have to “hold it” for 8 or more hours each day. Young dogs & elderly dogs may not be able to go for long periods without a bathroom break so a mid-day walk is the perfect solution.
4. Peace of Mind – Hiring a dog walker gives you the peace of mind that your dog is well taken care of when you aren’t at home. Do you have to work late? Do you have errands to run after work? When you know your dog has been walked & taken care of in the middle of the work day you can take care of these things guilt-free knowing your dog has been exercised & given lots of attention. And you’ll come home to a happy dog!
5. Time - Sometimes, consistent walks are difficult to fit into our schedules. With a regular dog walker, your dog still gets all of the exercise and attention they deserve, while you get back a great deal of time. Everyone wins!
We would love to help you and your dog get the benefits that daily dog walks can provide. Contact us for more information or to get started today. You can also check out some of our past blogs on dog walking here:
Dog Walking Etiquette - 8 Tips for a Better Dog Walk
Important Reasons to Always Obey Leash Laws
Decatur, Georgia Dog Parks